iPhone always redirects to mobile version of Facebook, even if you try to reach Facebook by using Safari or Google Chrome browser. However, it is still possible to access Desktop Version of Facebook on iPhone and iPad using a workaround as provided below.
Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone and iPad
In general, most users access Facebook on iPhone by launching the Facebook App, which always leads to the mobile version of Facebook.
While the mobile version of Facebook is fast and allows you to use most social media features of Facebook, it does not provide access to certain features and settings, which are only available on the desktop version of Facebook.
Hence, we are providing below 3 different ways to Get Desktop version of Facebook on iPhone and iPad.
1. Type URL to Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone
If you are already on Facebook mobile site (via Facebook App), you can go to the desktop of version of Facebook by typing the exact URL of Facebook Desktop login page in Facebook search.
1. Open the Facebook App on your iPhone and this will take you to the mobile version Facebook (m.facebook.com).
2. Once you are on Facebook, tap on the Search icon located at top-right corner.
3. On the next screen, type https://www.facebook.com/login.php in the search bar and tap on the Go button.
This will take you to the Full desktop version of Facebook and you will be able to access all the features of Facebook Desktop site.
2. Open Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone Using Safari Browser
The Safari browser on iPhone and iPad provides the option to request the desktop version of any website.
1. Open Safari browser on iPhone and visit www.facebook.com.
2. Once you are on Facebook, tap on the AA icon in URL and select Request Desktop Website option in the drop-down menu.
This will take you to the desktop version of Facebook, after which you can login to your Facebook Account and start using Facebook.
Since, the desktop version of Facebook is not optimized for mobile devices, you will find the Login screen minimized and hard to read.
However, you can get a better view of the login page by switching your device to Landscape mode.
3. Open Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone Using Chrome Browser
If you are using Google Chrome Browser on iPhone, you can access the Full Desktop Version of Facebook using the following steps.
1. Open Chrome Browser on iPhone and visit Facebook.com.
2. Once you are on Facebook, tap on 3-dots menu icon located at top-right corner and select Request Desktop Siteoption in the drop-down menu.
3. Sign-in to your Facebook Accountand start using Facebook in Desktop mode.